Repair Terms & Conditions
Repair Program Terms & Conditions
This Repair Program is a service provided to You by Satnav Specialist Ltd ( “Repair Provider”), as part of a contracted service that Satnav Specialist Ltd provides but You understand the Repair Program and these Terms and Conditions are between you and Satnav Specialist Ltd only.
- “Address” means a physical street address in the United Kingdom (no P.O. boxes or foreign addresses accepted) that You submit on the Website(s) for shipments relating to Your Device under the Repair Program. (You may not change the Address after You send in Your Device for repair.)“
- Customer” or “You” means you, the Device owner, or a person having legal authority to make decisions about the Device, and who has accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- “Device” means Your Device that qualifies for the Repair Program, as described on the Websites.
- “Estimated Repair Cost” means the estimated cost to repair your Device that will be provided to you based on the information you submit on the Website(s).
- “Final Repair Cost” means the actual cost to repair Your Device determined by Satnav Specialist Ltd after receiving and inspecting Your Device (which may vary from the Estimated Repair Cost).
- “Satnav Specialist Packaging” means the prepaid packaging material You will receive for shipping Your Device to Satnav Specialist Ltd for repair (after You pay the Final Repair Cost).
- “Repair Program” means the service provided to You by Satnav Specialist Ltd through the Website(s), enabling You to send in your Device for repair, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
YOU CONFIRM THAT:
- You are at least 18 years old and of legal capacity to participate in this Repair Program.
- You are the only owner of Your Device and no other third party holds any rights of any kind in Your Device (including installment or leasing programs).
- All information You submitted on the Website(s) as part of the Repair Program (personal information and Device-related information, including Device type and condition) is true and accurate.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, WARRANT, AND AGREE THAT:
- Data Backup: Before sending in Your Device, You will backup all data, software, and programs on Your Device to a different medium or device, because all data, software, and programs on Your Device can be completely and permanently erased by Satnav Specialist Ltd before inspection and repair.
- Correct Device: You will send in the Device You ordered repair for on the Website(s). If you send in a different device (that does not match your repair order), or a device that has failed due to accident, abuse, or other external causes (like liquid spill or submersion, neglect, misuse, unauthorized modification, extreme environmental conditions or stress, fluctuation or surges of electrical power, fire, or acts of God), Repair Provider will return the device to you without making any repairs, unless You separately authorize repair for such failure and approve the cost. If Satnav Specialist Ltd determines after inspection that Your Device does not need any repairs, Satnav Specialist Ltd will return Your Device to You without making any repairs.
- Battery Problems: You will not send in a Device with any of the following battery problems:
- Battery venting. The battery pouch has been breached, occasionally resulting in hot gases or flames that melt plastics within the phone or case.
- Battery swelling. Swelling can result from natural aging for batteries, but it can also result from manufacturing defects.
- Battery leaking. Electrolyte from the battery can leak if the battery pouch was penetrated for any reason.
- If Your Device has any of the above battery problems, You should take Your Device in person to Our repair shop. If You send in a Device with any of the above battery problems, Satnav Specialist Ltd will return Your Device to You without making any repairs.
- Satnav Specialist Packaging: You will use the Satnav Specialist Packaging received from Satnav Specialist Ltd to send in Your Device for repair. If You use Your own packaging material instead, and Your Device is lost or damaged during shipment, You are solely responsible for the loss (Satnav Specialist Ltd and Google will not be liable for any such loss).
- Repair Services: Satnav Specialist Ltd will repair Your Device for the Estimated Repair Cost, unless the Final Repair Cost is higher, in which case Satnav Specialist Ltd will obtain Your online approval before making any repair. The Repair Services will address defects in material or workmanship of Your Device – not issues relating to software or data failures or incompatibilities on Your Device. Satnav Specialist Ltd may use parts that are refurbished or like-new (in performance and reliability) to repair Your Device. All replaced parts will become Satnav Specialist Ltd’s property and You waive all rights under state or other laws to the replaced parts.
- Warranty: Repair service by Satnav Specialist Ltd will be warranted for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of repair. If Your Device requires repair during this period, You may submit up to two (2) additional repair orders on the Website(s), subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Undeliverable Device: If delivery of Your Device could not be completed at Your Address, Satnav Specialist Ltd will reattempt delivery one time and, if unable to be completed, Your Device will be returned to Satnav Specialist Ltd and You will be contacted to provide an alternate mailing address. If, after 30 days, You have not provided a valid alternate mailing address, Your Device will be deemed abandoned and will not be returned to You.
- One Device: You will send in only one Device per repair order.
- Accessories: You will not send in a Device with accessories – if you do, those accessories could not be returned to you.
DISCLAIMERS & WAIVERS:
- Satnav Specialist Ltd is not responsible for data loss, data recovery, or any related damages under this Repair Program. It is Your responsibility to backup all personal data, software, and programs from Your Device before shipping it to Satnav Specialist Ltd.
- You acknowledge that Satnav Specialist Ltd is solely responsible for execution of the Repair Program. You waive all rights and claims against Google and its respective directors, employees, and agents for any loss or damages (direct or consequential) of every kind, whether known or unknown, arising out of, or relating to, Your use of the Repair Program.
- Satnav Specialist Ltd is not responsible for any damage, loss, or costs incurred by You in relation to this Repair Program, resulting from any of the following:
Your act, omission, or misrepresentation in violation of the law or these Terms and Conditions. You additionally agree to indemnify Satnav Specialist Ltd from and against any claims brought against either of them arising from Your breach of applicable law or these Terms and Conditions.
Disclosure of Your personal information to law enforcement agencies if Your Device is found to be stolen or if required by law.
- You additionally agree that Satnav Specialist Ltd’s total liability to You will not exceed the Final Repair Cost.
Satnav Specialist Ltd may change these Terms and Conditions to, for example, reflect changes to the law or changes to the Repair Program. Satnav Specialist Ltd will post notice of changes to these Terms and Conditions on this page.
GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE GOVERNED BY UK LAW.
You agree that any disputes regarding the Repair Program will be resolved through binding arbitration or small claims court in UK.
- Force Majeure. Neither the Customer nor the Satnav Specialist Ltd will be liable for failure or delay in performance to the extent caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- No Agency. These Terms and Conditions do not create any agency, partnership, or joint venture between the parties.
- Entire Agreement. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms and Conditions state all terms agreed by the parties and supersede all other agreements by the parties relating to its subject matter.
- Severability. If any term (or part of a term) of these Terms and Conditions is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the rest of these Terms and Conditions will remain in effect.